Rosuvastatin (Rosufree 20) 20 mg tablet is a lipid-lowering drug that belongs to the statin class of drugs, which helps in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride (fat) levels in the blood. Excessive cholesterol and triglycerides in the body can clog up in the blood vessels, and this can lead to many health problems such as stroke and heart diseases, including heart attacks.
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 20 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take Rosuvastatin (Rosufree 20) 20 mg
This medicine may be taken with or without food. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Rosuvastatin must be taken regularly for it to be effective. Continue taking Rosuvastatin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Rosuvastatin unless instructed by your doctor.
Take Rosuvastatin precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Rosuvastatin (Rosufree 20) 20 mg
Adult: Hyperlipidemias; Prophylaxis of cardiovascular events in high-risk patients: Initial: 5 or 10 mg/day, may increase at 4-weeks intervals to 20 mg/day if needed. Maximum of 40 mg/day.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
If you think you may have used Rosuvastatin more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Rosuvastatin:
- Active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevated serum transaminases
- Severe renal impairment. Concomitant use with ciclosporin and gemfibrozil
- Pregnancy and lactation
Rosuvastatin may have the following side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Peripheral oedema
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Elevated serum transaminase levels
- Severe rhabdomyolysis with acute renal failure
- Rarely, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, anaphylaxis, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Do not use Rosuvastatin in the following conditions:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- Nicotinic acid
- Birth control pills
- Red yeast rice
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Rosuvastatin.
How Rosuvastatin (Rosufree 20) 20 mg Work?
Rosuvastatin is a selective and competitive HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, the rate-limiting enzyme involved in the synthesis of cholesterol. It increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell surface and enhancing uptake and catabolism of LDL. It also decreases apolipoprotein B, triglycerides and increases HDL.
Rosuvastatin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Prophylaxis of cardiovascular events in high-risk patients
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with SLCO1B1 and ABCG2 polymorphism
- Predisposing factors for myopathy (e.g. untreated hypothyroidism, renal impairment)
- History of chronic liver disease and alcoholism
- Avoid excessive consumption (more than 1 litre a day) of grapefruit juice
- Avoid alcohol
- Store between 20-25°C. Protect from moisture.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Rosuvastatin that is expired or out of date.