|Packaging Type||10 TABS|
|Minimum Order Quantity||100 Unit|
Ursodeoxycholic Acid (Ursodec 300) 300 mg tablet is an epimer of chenodeoxycholic acid that is used to treat certain kinds of liver diseases such as primary biliary cirrhosis and dissolve gallstones caused by excess cholesterol.
Drug =Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 300 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take Ursodeoxycholic Acid (Ursodec 300) 300 mg
Food instructions when taking this medicine may vary. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about whether you should take Ursodeoxycholic acid with or without food. Certain brands of this medicine may be taken differently. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Ursodeoxycholic acid tablets should be swallowed whole with some liquid. It should not be crushed or chewed.
Ursodeoxycholic acid must be taken regularly for it to be effective. Continue taking this medicine even when you feel better. Do not stop taking it unless instructed by the doctor.
Take Ursodeoxycholic acid precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage Ursodeoxycholic Acid (Ursodec 300) 300 mg
Adult: Dissolution of cholesterol-rich gallstones: 8-12 mg/kg once daily at bedtime or in 2 divided doses continued for 3-4 months after the radiological disappearance of gallstones—duration: Up to 2 years.
Primary biliary cirrhosis: 10-16 mg/kg/day in 2-4 divided doses may be taken once daily in the evening after the 1st three months.
Prophylaxis of gallstones in patients undergoing rapid weight loss: 300 mg twice a day.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
If you think you may have used Ursodeoxycholic Acid more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Ursodeoxycholic Acid:
- Acute inflammation of the gallbladder or biliary tract, occlusion of the biliary tract, frequent episodes of biliary colic
- Radio-opaque calcified gallstones
- Impaired contractility of gallbladder
- Non-functioning gallbladder
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Hepatic and intestinal conditions interfering w/ enterohepatic recirculation of bile acids
- Extrahepatic and intrahepatic cholestasis
- Ileal resection and stoma
- Regional ileitis
- Active duodenal and gastric ulcer
- Acute, chronic, or severe hepatic disease.
Ursodeoxycholic Acid may have the following side effects:
- Other gastrointestinal disturbances
- Viral infection
- Upper resp tract infection
- Back pain
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Peripheral edema
- Rarely, gallstone calcification and liver function deterioration.
Do not use Ursodeoxycholic acid in people with the following conditions:
- Gallbladder which cannot be seen on an x-ray
- Gallbladder which cannot contract or work properly
- Bile duct or gall bladder that is swollen, painful or blocked
- Gallstones that contain calcium
- Frequent episodes of biliary colic
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
How Does Ursodeoxycholic Acid (Ursodec 300) 300 mg Work?
Ursodeoxycholic acid acts by preventing hepatic synthesis and secretion of cholesterol, thus inhibits intestinal absorption of cholesterol.
Ursodeoxycholic Acid is used to treat the following conditions:
- Dissolution of cholesterol-rich gallstones
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Prophylaxis of gallstones in patients undergoing rapid weight loss
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Avoid alcohol
- Store between 20-25°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children
- Do not use ursodeoxycholic acid that is expired or out of date