|LETROHEAL 2.5 TABLET
|Country of Origin
|Made in India
Letrozole (Letroheal 2.5) 2.5 mg tablet is a non-steroidal type II aromatase inhibitor used to treat breast cancer for women who no longer have a menstrual period.
Drug =Letrozole 2.5
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 2.5 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine may be taken with or without food. Try to make it at the same time each day.
Letrozole must be taken regularly for it to be effective. Continue taking this medicine even when you feel better.
Take Letrozole precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Letrozole (Letroheal 2.5) 2.5 mg
Adult: Advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women; Adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer In hormone receptor-positive postmenopausal women: 2.5 mg once daily.
Missed Dose of Letrozole (Letroheal 2.5) 2.5 mg
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Letrozole (Letroheal 2.5) 2.5 mg
If you think you may have used Letrozole more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Letrozole:
- Premenopausal status
- Pregnancy and lactation
Letrozole may have the following side effects:
- Decreased bone mineral density
- Central nervous system depression
- Peripheral edema
- Myocardial infarction
- Increased appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Vaginal bleeding
- Hot flushes
- Weight gain
- Bone fracture
- Erythematous, psoriasiform, maculopapular or vesicular rash
- Dry skin
Do not use Letrozole in people with the following conditions:
- If the menstrual cycle is still normal
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking medicines:
- Estrogen-containing preparations
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Letrozole
How Does it Work?
Letrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase enzyme inhibitor that competitively binds to the CYP enzyme, thereby blocking the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone into estriol and estradiol, respectively. Thus this leads to significantly-reduced serum estrogen concentration.
Letrozole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women
- Adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer.
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient w/ history of osteoporosis and fracture
- Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh score C) or cirrhosis
- Avoid alcohol
- Store at 25°C. Protect from moisture.
- Letrozole is a cytotoxic drug. Follow applicable procedures for receiving, handling, admin, and disposal.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Letrozole that is expired or out of date.