Estradiol Valerate (Estraheal 2) 2 mg tablet is a prodrug ester of Estradiol, a naturally occurring hormone circulating endogenously within the human body. It is the most potent form of all estrogenic steroids and acts as the dominant female sex hormone.
Drug = Estradiol Valerate
Number of Pills Per Order = 28
Strength = 2 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medication may be taken with or without food as directed by your doctor. You may take it with food or right after a meal to prevent stomach upset.
If you are taking the extended-release tablets, do not crush, chew, or dissolve them. Doing so can release all of the drugs at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split extended-release tablets unless they have a score line, and your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day as directed. Follow your dosing schedule carefully. Do not increase your dose or take this medication more often or for a longer time than directed.
For initiation and continuation of treatment of menopausal symptoms: the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration should be used.
For the prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis: One tablet to be taken daily.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
If you think you have used Estradiol valerate more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Estradiol valerate:
- Coagulation problems
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Liver disease
- Certain hormone-sensitive cancers (breast cancer and endometrial cancer)
Estradiol valerate may have the following side effects:
- Mental/mood changes (depression, memory loss)
- Breast lumps
- Unusual vaginal bleeding(spotting, breakthrough bleeding, prolonged/recurrent bleeding)
- Increased or new vaginal irritation/itching/odor/discharge
- Severe stomach/abdominal pain
- Persistent nausea/vomiting
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Dark urine
- Swelling hands/ankles/feet
- Increased thirst/urination
Do not use in people with the following conditions:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any of these medicines:
- Tranexamic acid.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Estradiol valerate.
How Does It Work?
Estradiol enters target cells freely (e.g., female organs, breasts, hypothalamus, pituitary) and interacts with a target cell receptor. Estradiol binds to both subtypes of the Estrogen Receptor: Estrogen Receptor Alpha (ER alpha) and Estrogen Receptor Beta (ER beta). Estradiol also acts as a potent agonist of G Protein-coupled Estrogen Receptor (GPER), which has recently been recognized as a significant mediator of Estradiol’s rapid cellular effects.
- Reduce symptoms of menopause
- To prevent bone loss(osteoporosis)
- Certain types of prostate and breast cancer
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
Vaginal bleeding of unknown cause
- Certain cancers (such as breast cancer, cancer of the uterus/ovaries)
- Heart attack
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease,
- Family or personal history of a particular swelling disorder (angioedema)
- Blood clotting disorders (such as protein C or protein S deficiency)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol/triglyceride levels
- An underactive thyroid(hypothyroidism)
- Mineral imbalance (low or high level of calciumin the blood),
- Uterus problems (such as fibroids, endometriosis)
- Gallbladder disease
- Migraine headaches
- Specific blood disorder(porphyria)
- Mental/mood disorders(such as dementia, depression).
- Store at low temperature and keep away from the reach of children.
- Do not use estradiol valerate that is expired or out of date.