Labetalol 100mg (Labeta 100) 100 mg tablet is a racemic mixture of 2 diastereoisomers used on its own or other medicines to treat hypertension.
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 100mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine should be taken immediately after meals. Try to make it at the same time each day.
Labetalol must be taken regularly for it to work well. Continue taking this medicine even when you feel better. Do not stop taking it unless instructed by the doctor, as stopping it suddenly could worsen your condition.
Take Labetalol precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage Labetalol 100mg (Labeta 100) 100 mg
Adult: Hypertension: Initial: 100 mg twice a day may increase gradually, according to the patient’s response to 200-400 mg twice a day. Maximum of 2.4 g/day in 2-4 divided doses.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Labetalol 100mg (Labeta 100) 100 mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Cardiac failure
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Labetalol:
- Obstructive airway disease (e.g., bronchial asthma)
- 2nd and 3rd-degree heart block
- Cardiogenic shock
- Conditions with severe or prolonged hypotension
- Uncompensated heart failure
- Severe bradycardia
Labetalol may have the following side effects:
- Intraoperative floppy iris syndrome
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Nasal stuffiness
- Abdominal pain
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Taste disturbances
- Scalp tingling
- Muscle weakness
- Urinary retention
- Increased transaminases
- Hepatic injury
Do not use Labetalol in people with the following conditions:
- Slow or irregular heartbeats
- Heart block
- Heart failure
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Labetalol.
How Does Labetalol 100mg (Labeta 100) 100 mg Work?
Labetalol competitively blocks the adrenergic stimulation of beta-receptors within the myocardium, bronchial and vascular smooth muscle, and the αlpha 1-receptors within the vascular smooth muscle. It exerts some intrinsic beta 2-agonist and membrane-stabilizing activity.
Labetalol is used to treat the following conditions:
- Emergency treatment of hypertension
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Hypertension and myocardial infarction
- Hypotensive anesthesia
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with pheochromocytoma
- Inadequate cardiac function and well-compensated heart failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Nonallergic bronchospasm
- Patients undergoing major surgery involving general anesthesia
- May mask symptoms of hypoglycemia
- Avoid abrupt withdrawal as it may exacerbate angina
- Hepatic impairment
- Elderly, pregnancy and lactation
- Avoid alcohol
- Store between 2-30°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Labetalol that is expired or out of date.