Montelukast + Levocetrizine (Montaheal LC) 10 mg + 5 mg tablet is a combination of two drugs used to relieve the symptoms associated with seasonal and persistent allergic rhinitis.
Drug = Montelukast + Levocetrizine
Number of Pills Per Order = 15
Strength = 10 mg + 5 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
May be taken with or without food.
Dosage of Montelukast + Levocetrizine (Montaheal LC) 10 mg + 5 mg
The recommended dose of the tablet of Montelukast and levocetirizine combination for adults one tablet once daily or as prescribed by the physician.
Product doses are defined depending on the severity of infections, species of organism, patient’s age, body weight and renal function.
Due to the lack of data, the administration of this product to infants and toddlers aged less than two years is not recommended.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Montelukast + Levocetrizine (Montaheal LC) 10 mg + 5 mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Drowsiness in adults and initially agitation and restlessness, followed by drowsiness in children
People with the following medical conditions should not take Montelukast + Levocetrizine:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to Montelukast-levocetirizine, to other piperazine derivatives, or no to any of the excipients
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine
- Patients with severe renal impairment at less than 10 mL/min creatinine clearance
Montelukast + Levocetrizine may have the following side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- In rare cases, patients may present with the systemic eosinophilia, sometimes presenting with clinical features of consistent with Churg-Strauss Syndrome.
Do not use Montelukast + Levocetrizine in people with the following conditions:
- May impair ability to drive or operate machinery
- Children 2 years old and below
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Montelukast + Levocetrizine.
How Does Montelukast + Levocetrizine (Montaheal LC) 10 mg + 5 mg Work?
Montelukast sodium is an orally active and selective leukotriene receptor antagonist that blocks the cysteinyl leukotriene (CysLT 1) receptor. Levocetirizine is the R-enantiomer of cetirizine and, is an orally active, potent and long-acting drug which selectively inhibits H1 histamine receptor with no anticholinergic activity.
Montelukast + Levocetrizine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Bronchospasm in acute asthma attacks, including status asthmaticus.
- Patients who have exacerbations of asthma after exercise should continue to use their usual regimen of inhaled β-agonist
- Patients with known aspirin sensitivity should continue avoidance of aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents while taking Montelukast.
- Intake of alcohol
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance
- Store at temperatures not exceeding 30°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use montelukast + levocetirizine that is expired or out of date.