|Brand||Healing Pharma India Pvt. Ltd.|
|Manufacturer||Healing Pharma India Pvt. Ltd.|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Gliclazide + Metformin (Glycitop M) 80 mg + 500 mg tablet is a combination of two medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). It improves blood glucose levels in adults when taken along with a proper diet and regular exercise.
Drug =Gliclazide + Metformin
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 80mg + 500mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine should be taken with meals.
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
Dosage of Gliclazide + Metformin (Glycitop M) 80 mg + 500 mg
The recommended dose is one tablet twice daily. Or as prescribed by the physician.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Gliclazide + Metformin (Glycitop M) 80 mg + 500 mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Mild hypoglycemia symptoms without loss of consciousness or neurologic
- Rarely, lactic acidosis
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Gliclazide + Metformin:
- Known hypersensitivity to Gliclazide, Metformin or any components of the product
- Renal disease or renal dysfunction (e.g., as suggested by serum creatinine levels 1.5mg/dL [males], 1.4mg/dL [females] or abnormal creatinine clearance),
- Congestive heart failure requiring pharmacologic treatment
- Acute or chronic metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma
- Patients undergoing radiological studies involving intravascular administration of iodinated contrast materials
Gliclazide + Metformin may have the following side effects:
- Gastric pain
- Metallic taste in the mouth
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Gliclazide + Metformin.
How Does Gliclazide + Metformin (Glycitop M) 80 mg + 500 mg Work?
Gliclazide is a second-generation sulfonylurea that acts by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. It also enhances peripheral insulin sensitivity. Metformin enhances peripheral glucose uptake by the tissues and its utilization. It also reduces hepatic glucose production and diminishes insulin resistance. In combination, these medicines help in controlling blood sugar levels.
Gliclazide is used to treat the following conditions:
- Patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Increased cardiovascular mortality
- Diabetic patients with significant renal insufficiency and congestive heart failure
- Severe hypoglycemia
- Loss of glycemic control
- Surgical procedures
- Acute or chronic alcohol intake
- Hepatic impairment
- Pregnancy & lactation
- Store at temperatures not exceeding 30°C and protected from light.
- Do not use Gliclazide + Metformin that is expired or out of date.