Clomifene Citrate (Fertogard-50) 50 mg tablet a triphenylethylene stilbene derivative that has both estrogenic and anti-estrogenic properties depending on the target tissue. It is indicated for the treatment of ovulatory dysfunction in women desiring pregnancy.
Clomid / Clomiphene
Drug = Clomifene Citrate
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 50 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine may be taken with or without food.
Take Clomifene citrate precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label.
Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor. Do not stop taking it unless instructed by the doctor.
1st course: 50 mg daily for five days. May be started on or about the 5th day of the cycle if progestin-induced bleeding is planned or spontaneous uterine bleeding occurs. 2nd course: 100 mg daily for five days. It may be started as early as 30-days after the 1st course.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
If you think you have used Clomifene citrate more than the usual dosage, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Clomifene citrate:
- Liver disease or history of liver dysfunction
- Hormone-dependent tumors
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Ovarian cyst except for polycystic ovary.
Clomifene citrate may have the following side effects:
- Ovarian enlargement
- Vasomotor flushes
- Abdominal-pelvic discomfort (distension, bloating)
- Intermenstrual spotting or menorrhagia.
Do not use Clomifene citrate in people with the following conditions:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Pituitary activity
- Uncontrolled adrenal dysfunction
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Clomifene.
How Does It Work?
Clomifene is a non-steroidal, ovulatory stimulant that acts as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), which stimulates ovulation in a high percentage of appropriately selected anovulatory women. It can lead to multiple ovulation and hence increase the risk of conceiving twins.
- Anovulatory infertility in women.
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Long-term cyclic therapy
- Multiple and ectopic pregnancy
- Pregnancy wastage andbirth anomalies
- Patient with uterine fibroids
- Prolonged use may increase the risk of ovarian cancer
- May affect the ability to drive anduse machines
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 25°C and protected from moisture and light.
- Do not use clomifene citrate that is expired or out of date.