|High blood pressure (hypertension)
Azilsartan Medoxomil (Azilsmart 80) 80 mg tablet is a selective AT1 subtype angiotensin II receptor antagonist used to treat high blood pressure. High blood pressure-lowering helps in preventing strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.
Drug =Azilsartan Medoxomil
Number of Pills Per Product = 10
Strength = 80 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medication may be taken with or without food. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
Dosage of Azilsartan Medoxomil (Azilsmart 80) 80 mg
The recommended dose in adults is 80 mg taken orally once daily. Consider a starting dose of 40 mg for patients who are treated with high doses of diuretics.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Azilsartan Medoxomil (Azilsmart 80) 80 mg
If you think you have used Azilsartan more than the usual dosage, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Azilsartan:
- Symptomatic hypotension in patients with an activated renin-angiotensin system
- Patients with hypovolemia and salt depletion
- Patients are receiving high doses of diuretics.
Azilsartan may have the following side effects:
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle weakness
- Slow/irregular heartbeat)
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- ACE inhibitors (benazepril/lisinopril)
- Birth control pills containing drospirenone
- cough-and-cold products
- Diet aids
- NSAIDs (ibuprofen/naproxen)
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and nonprescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Azilsartan.
How Does Azilsartan Medoxomil (Azilsmart 80) 80 mg Work?
Azilsartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), which inhibit the vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II by selectively blocking the binding of angiotensin II to the AT1 receptor in many tissues, including vascular smooth muscle and the adrenal gland. It works by relaxing the blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily.
- Treatment of mild to moderate essential hypertension.
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Avoid alcohol or marijuana(cannabis)
- Store at 25°C; excursions permitted to 15°-30°C
- Keep the container tightly closed and protected from moisture and light.
- Do not repackage; dispense and store in the original container.
- Do not use azilsartan that is expired or out of date.