Terbinafine (Terbiface 250) 250 mg tablet is a synthetic allylamine antifungal used to treat various fungal infections of the fingernails, toenails and skin.
Number of Pills Per Order = 7
Strength = 250 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
Take this medicine at regular intervals as instructed. This medicine may be taken with or without a meal.
Terbinafine is available in tablet and granules.
If you have been given granules, sprinkle on a spoonful of pudding or other soft, non -acidic food (e.g. mashed potatoes); swallow the entire spoonful without chewing. Do not mix the granules with applesauce or other fruit-based foods.
You may need to take this medicine for some time before the full benefits can be felt. Continue to take Terbinafine even when you feel better and do not stop taking unless advised by the doctor to do so.
Take Terbinafine precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Terbinafine (Terbiface 250) 250 mg
Adult: 250 mg once daily. Treatment duration: 2-4 weeks (tinea cruris), four weeks (tinea corporis), 2-6 weeks (tinea pedis), 6-12 weeks (onychomycosis).
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Terbinafine (Terbiface 250) 250 mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Upper abdominal pain
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Terbinafine:
- Chronic or active hepatic disease
Terbinafine may have the following side effects:
- Taste and smell disturbances
- Weight loss
- Rarely, SLE; psoriasis exacerbation; ocular lens and retina changes; blood disorders (e.g. decreased lymphocyte count, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, pancytopenia).
- Abdominal distention/pain
- Pharyngolaryngeal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Feeling of fullness
- Upper resp tract infections
- Nasal congestion
- Vision color changes
- Color confusion
- It decreased visual acuity.
- Skin exfoliation
- Application site reactions (e.g. pain/irritation pigmentation disorder, burning sensation).
- Hepatic failure
- Rarely, severe skin and hypersensitivity reaction (e.g. Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis, bullous dermatitis, drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms [DRESS] syndrome); thrombotic microangiopathy (e.g. thrombocytopenic purpura, haemolytic uremic syndrome).
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Terbinafine.
How Does Terbinafine (Terbiface 250) 250 mg Work?
Terbinafine is an allylamine derivative that has a broad spectrum of antifungal activity against pathogens of the skin, hair, and nails. It acts by inhibiting squalene epoxidase, the primary enzyme responsible for the synthesis of fungal sterol, thus resulting in ergosterol deficiency, leading to membrane disruption and cell death. It is active against dermatophytes, moulds, and certain dimorphic fungi.
Terbinafine is used to treat the following conditions:
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient w/ immunosuppression
- Autoimmune disease (e.g. Lupus erythematosus)
- Presence of lesion (topical)
- Renal impairment (CrCl <50 mL/min)
- Avoid alcohol
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Terbinafine that is expired or out of date.