Itraconazole (Candiface 200) 200 mg capsule is a triazole antifungal agent used to treat various fungal infections. This medicine may also be used to prevent fungal infections if you have a weak immune system due to viral or blood diseases.
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength =2oo mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
Take it immediately after a meal. Swallow it whole. Do not divide, chew, crush, or break the capsule.
Try to take Itraconazole at the same time each day.
This medicine must be taken regularly for it to be effective. Continue taking Itraconazole even when you feel better.
Do not skip any doses. You must complete the entire course of medicine. If you don’t, the infection will not be appropriately controlled.
Take Itraconazole precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage Itraconazole (Candiface 200) 200 mg
Adult: Esophageal candidiasis; Oral candidiasis: As an oral solution: 200 mg daily, preferably in 2 divided doses or as a single daily dose for 1-2 weeks.
For fluconazole-resistant infection: 100-200 mg twice a day for 2-4 weeks.
Prevention of fungal infections in immunocompromised patients: As an oral solution: 5 mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses.
Oropharyngeal candidiasis: As cap: 100 mg once daily for 15 days.
In patients with AIDS or neutropenia: 200 mg once daily for 15 days.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis: As cap: 200 mg twice a day for one day.
Pityriasis Versicolor: As cap: 200 mg once daily for seven days.
Tinea corporis; Tinea cruris: As cap: 100 mg once daily for 15 days or 200 mg once daily for seven days.
Tinea manuum; Tinea pedis: As cap: 100 mg once daily for 30 days. As pulse treatment: 200 mg twice a day for seven days.
Nail fungal infections: As cap: 200 mg once daily for 90 days. As pulse treatment: 200 mg twice a day for seven days, repeated once for fingernails and twice for toenails after drug-free intervals of 21 days.
Systemic fungal infections: As cap: 100-200 mg once daily, may increase to 200 mg twice a day for invasive or disseminated infections. In life-threatening diseases: As cap: Loading dose: 200 mg three times a day for three days.
Prevention of Infections in neutropenic or AIDS patients: As cap: 200 mg daily, may increase to 200 mg twice a day if necessary.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Itraconazole (Candiface 200) 200 mg
If you think you may have used Itraconazole more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Itraconazole:
- Non-life-threatening indications in patients with ventricular dysfunction (e.g., congestive heart failure (CHF), history of CHF)
- Severe renal impairment (IV)
- Pregnancy (non-life-threatening infection)
- Coadministration with astemizole, bepridil, cisapride, disopyramide, dofetilide, dronedarone, eplerenone, ergot alkaloids, felodipine, halofantrine, irinotecan, ivabradine, lercanidipine, levacetylmethadol, lovastatin, lurasidone, methadone, midazolam (oral), misolaztine, nisoldipine, pimozide, quinidine, ranolazine, sertindole, simvastatin, terfenadine, or triazolam; colchicine in patients with varying degrees of renal or hepatic impairment
Itraconazole may have the following side effects:
- Heart failure
- Pulmonary edema
- Transient or permanent hearing loss
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Chest pain
- Visual disturbance
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Increased serum creatine phosphokinase
- Urinary incontinence
- Menstrual disorder
- Erectile dysfunction
- Rarely, acute liver failure
Do not use Itrazonazole in people with the following conditions:
- Allergic reaction to this medicine.
- History of heart disease (e.g., heart failure)
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any of these medicines:
- Oral midazolam
- Vinca alkaloids
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and non-prescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Itraconazole.
How Does Itraconazole (Candiface 200) 200 mg Work?
Itraconazole is a triazole derivative antifungal agent that inhibits the activity of fungal CYP450, thereby decreasing the biosynthesis of ergosterol and inhibiting the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
Itraconazole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Oral candidiasis
- Prevention of fungal infections in immunocompromised patients
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis
- Pityriasis Versicolor
- Tinea corporis
- Tinea cruris
- Tinea manuum
- Tinea pedis
- Nail fungal infections
- Systemic fungal infections
- Prevention of Infections in neutropenic or AIDS patients
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with risk factors for congestive heart failure (e.g., ischemic or valvular disease, edematous disorders, renal failure, COPD)
- Reduced gastric acidity (e.g., achlorhydria)
- Immediate life-threatening systemic fungal infections, cystic fibrosis, or immunocompromised patients (e.g., neutropenic, AIDS, organ transplant patients)
- Coadministration with calcium channel blockers or drugs that reduce gastric acidity
- Renal and hepatic impairment
- Pregnancy (life-threatening infection) and lactation
- Avoid alcohol
- Store between 15-25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Keep in their original package to protect from light and moisture.
- Do not use Itraconazole that is expired or out of date.