Olmesartan (Olmeheal 40) 40 mg tablet is an angiotensin II receptor blocker which selectively binds to angiotensin receptor 1 and prevents protein angiotensin II from binding and exerting its hypertensive effects, which include vasoconstriction, stimulation aldosterone and ADH synthesis, cardiac stimulation, and renal reabsorption of sodium.
Number of Pills Per Order = 15
Strength = 40 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine is taken orally. Ask your doctor or pharmacist whether to take it with food or not.
Dosage of Olmesartan (Olmeheal 40) 40 mg
Adult: Initial: 10-20 mg once daily, may be increased to a maximum of 40 mg once daily if needed.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Olmesartan (Olmeheal 40) 40 mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Hypotension and tachycardia
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Olmesartan:
- Biliary obstruction
Olmesartan may have the following side effects:
- Sprue-like enteropathy (Symptoms: Severe, chronic diarrhea with substantial weight loss)
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Skeletal pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Peripheral edema
- Elevated liver enzymes
There is no data about warnings for Olmesartan.
How Does Olmesartan (Olmeheal 40) 40 mg Work?
Olmesartan is a selective and competitive angiotensin II Type 1 (AT1) receptor blocker that inhibits the vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II. As a result, it relaxes the blood vessels, hence lowering blood pressure and increases blood supply and oxygen to the heart.
Olmesartan is used to treat the following conditions:
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patients with aortic or mitral valve stenosis
- Renal artery stenosis; at risk for hypotension (e.g. patients with volume or salt depletion)
- History of angioedema; at risk for hyperkalemia (e.g. patients with diabetes mellitus)
- Severe renal and hepatic impairment
- Store between 20-25°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use olmesartan that is expired or out of date.