|Pack size||10 tab|
|Brand||Healing Pharma India Pvt Ltd|
|Manufacturer||Healing Pharma India Pvt Ltd|
|Packaging size||10 tab|
Cilostazol (Cliostaheal 50) 50mg tablet is a quinolinone derivative and antiplatelet agent with vasodilating properties that has been used to help reduce the symptoms of intermittent claudication in patients with peripheral ischemia. It is also used for those whose symptoms did not improve after lifestyle modifications and drug treatment or interventions.
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 50 mg.
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after a meal. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Cilostazol must be taken regularly for it to be effective. Continue taking this medicine even when you feel better.
Take Cilostazol precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Cilostazol (Cliostaheal 50) 50mg
In patients without rest pain or peripheral tissue necrosis; as second-line in patients for whom lifestyle modifications and drug treatment or interventions are insufficient: 100 mg twice a day. Reassess therapy after 3 months.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Cilostazol (Cliostaheal 50) 50mg
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Severe headache
- Cardiac arrhythmias
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Cilostazol:
- Congestive heart failure (of any grade or severity)
- History of ventricular tachycardia
- Fibrillation or multifocal ventricular ectopic beats
- Severe tachyarrhythmia
- Unstable angina pectoris
- Myocardial infarction or coronary intervention within the last 6 months
- Prolonged QTc interval, known predisposition to bleed (e.g. active peptic ulceration, recent haemorrhagic stroke, proliferative diabetic retinopathy, uncontrolled hypertension) or any active or uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe renal (CrCl ≤25 mL/min) and moderate or severe hepatic impairment
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Concomitant use with ≥2 additional antiplatelet or anticoagulant agents (e.g. aspirin, clopidogrel, heparin, warfarin, dabigatran, rivaroxaban or apixaban).
Cilostazol may have the following side effects:
- Angina pectoris
- Ventricular extrasystoles
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal faeces
- Edema (peripheral, face)
- Rarely, pancytopenia, and aplastic anemia
Do not use Cilostazol in people with the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Unstable angina
- Heart attack or any heart surgery in the last 6 months
- Active bleeding
- Stomach ulcer
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Recent stroke
- Problems with your eyes if you have diabetes
- Severe kidney disease
- Moderate or severe liver disease
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- Ergot alkaloids
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and nonprescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Cilostazol.
How Does Cilostazol (Cliostaheal 50) 50mg Work?
Cilostazol is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitors (PDE III inhibitors) that block the activity of phosphodiesterase and suppressing cyclic adenosine monophosphate cAMP degradation, thereby leading to an increased cAMP in platelets and blood vessels, resulting to vasodilation and platelet aggregation.
Cilostazol is used to treat the following conditions:
- Intermittent claudication
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient taking strong or moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 or CYP2C19 (e.g. certain macrolides, azole antifungals, protease inhibitors, proton pump inhibitors)
- Avoid alcohol and excessive consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (more than 1 litre a day).
- Store at 25°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use cilostazol that is expired or out of date.