|Prescription/Non prescription||Non prescription|
|Also gives||Third Party manufacturing|
Celecoxib (Celeheal 100) 100 mg capsule is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that helps relieve pain and inflammation associated with joint disorders such as ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It is also used to treat dysmenorrhoea and relieve other types of pain.
Number of Pills Per Order = 10
Strength = 100 mg
Manufacturer = Healing Pharma
How To Take
This medicine may be taken with or without food. Try to take it at the same time each day.
For patients with difficulty swallowing capsules, contents of Celecoxib may be emptied from the capsule and mixed onto a teaspoonful level of applesauce at room temperature or cooler. Swallow the mixture immediately with water. This mixture is stable for 6 hours when refrigerated.
You may stop taking Celecoxib when you have no more pain or inflammation. Take it only when you need to.
Take Celecoxib precisely as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Celecoxib (Celeheal 100) 100 mg
Adult: Osteoarthritis: 200 mg/day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses, may increase up to 200 mg twice a day.
Ankylosing spondylitis: 200 mg/day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses, may increase to a maximum dose of 400 mg/day after 6 weeks.
Rheumatoid arthritis: 100-200 mg twice a day.
Primary dysmenorrhea; Acute pain: Initial: 400 mg followed by an additional dose of 200 mg if necessary on day 1. Subsequently, 200 mg twice a day as needed.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Celecoxib (Celeheal 100) 100 mg
If you think you may have used Celecoxib more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Celecoxib:
- Hypersensitivity (including urticaria, asthma, angioneurotic edema) to celecoxib and other NSAIDs
- Aspirin or sulfonamides
- Active peptic ulceration or gastrointestinal bleeding
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Congestive heart failure (NYHA II-IV)
- Established ischemic heart disease
- Cerebrovascular disease or peripheral arterial disease
Celecoxib may have the following side effects:
- Fluid retention
- Renal papillary necrosis (prolonged use)
- Angina pectoris
- Abdominal pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Influenza-like symptoms
- Accidental injury
- Increased blood creatinine
- Weight increased
- Elevated ALT or AST
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Gastrointestinal perforation
- Ulceration, or bleeding
- Cardiovascular thrombotic events including heart attack and stroke
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis
- Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms
- Acute generalised exanthematous pustulosis
- Severe hepatic reactions (e.g. fulminant hepatitis, hepatic necrosis, hepatic failure).
Do not use Celecoxib in people with the following conditions:
- Severe heart disease
- Severe kidney disease
- Severe liver disease
- Active stomach ulcer or bleeding
- Inflammatory disease of the bowel
- Allergic reaction to this medicine or similar medicines such as aspirin, etoricoxib, diclofenac, mefenamic acid, indometacin; and also to sulfa medicines such as probenecid and cotrimoxazole.
- This medicine should not be used to treat pain after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- Third trimester of pregnancy.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and nonprescription medicines.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Celecoxib.
How Does Celecoxib (Celeheal 100) 100 mg Work?
Celecoxib, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, is a selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor which is primarily responsible for inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis. It exhibits analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory property.
Celecoxib is used to treat the following conditions:
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Acute pain
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient with history of gastrointestinal complications (e.g. ulceration and bleeding)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Recent heart attack and other cardiovascular disease risk factors (e.g. smoking, alcoholism)
- Pre-existing asthma (without known aspirin sensitivity)
- Pre-existing edema
- Dehydrated patient
- May mask underlying fever and other signs of inflammation
- CYP2C9 poor metabolizers
- Moderate hepatic impairment
- Children and the elderly
- Pregnancy (1st-2nd trimester)
- Avoid alcohol.
- Store below 30°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use celecoxib that is expired or out of date.